As Hunters, we have a lot to be grateful for. As a community, we stand together with an appreciation for our way of life, and a thankfulness for all that it brings us.
According to an eight-year study on gratitude and thankfulness, acknowledging and expressing your gratitude returns mountains of benefits. To name a few, more positive outlooks and greater progress towards goals.
So often social media is full of negativity. Hunters fight to deal with threats and dispell stigmas on a daily basis, despite all of the positive benefits of hunting. So let’s show the world what it means to be a hunter and bombard social media with gratitude and create a positive change.
Here is the 5 Day #GratefulHunter Challenge:
- Post something you are grateful for as a hunter for 5 days
- Tag your posts #GratefulHunter
- Challenge five other hunters to participate
- Make a plan to donate to a hunting campaign or non-profit in 2017
Need ideas for your donation? Here are just a few:
- Wishes for Warriors
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation orWhitetails Unlimited
- Volunteer to Teach Hunter or Bowhunter Education
- Orion | The Hunter’s Institute
- Donate your game meat
- National Wildlife Federation
- Hunt Of A Lifetime
- Hunt Right
- Mentor a child or adult who wants to learn to hunt
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers