Owning a boat can be expensive. Typically, you need not only the boat, but a trailer, motor, and accessories. Experienced watermen know the meaning of B.O.A.T.—Break out another thousand. Enter the Shadow Caster kayak…
Kayaks are increasingly filling the niche for the angler who wants to get off the bank without breaking it. This past weekend, the Mason-Dixon Outdoor Writers Association (MDOWA) was treated to a test run of several kayaks offered by Field & Stream Shops. By far the standout was the Shadow Caster and without writing a book, here are 10 reasons why:
- At 12 feet, 3 inches it’s long enough to be stable and short enough to car-top carry or slide into a pickup.
- The center of the craft features a rigid platform so that you can stand up.
- This platform is ideal for bow fishing, fly fishing, and a host of other fishing tactics.
- The dry storage opens so that full length rods can be stored.
- The stern has a dedicated cargo box and can be fitted with a trolling motor.
- The seat allows for sitting above water or folds out of the way for standing.
- A 34-inch beam and triple hull provides terrific stability
- Retractor accessories assure that important tools don’t get dropped overboard
- Your kids will think it’s a paddle board.
- It costs just $799. An amazing price for such versatility.
Check out the video and you’ll see the Shadow Caster in Action and learn more at www.FieldandStreamShop.com